Wednesday, December 14, 2011

SHOT Show, 34 days and counting

It's going to be a big year for us at SHOT, I hope y'all can make it by the booth.
1st off, we will have the Beat Down Boogie crew in the booth on Tuesday and Wednesday.
You really need to stop by and talk with these innovative new filmmakers, get a signed poster now so when they hit the big time, you have the proof to say " I've met those guys".

Also our big announcement as to who or what else will be at our booth this year is.............................................................................................
I am still not allowed to say!!!!
It's killing me, I hate to keep secrets, I mean, really, it is just eating me up.
But I have to wait another week.  AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ok, I can tell you we will have the new 600 lumen Checkmate in the booth. this little number is amazing.
5 years ago, I would have said it would be impossible to get so much light out of such a small package.

Stop and check out the Nomad while your there. Sales have been way over projections on this model, but after you take a minute to look at it, you will know why. I got the opportunity to use one here in NC last weekend at a video shoot we were doing in the woods, freezing cold, pitch black but this little baby made working out there a breeze.

If this is your 1st SHOT show, I envy you.
This show should just blow you away, it's huge and you will see things you never imagined were even being made! This will be my umptenth one, but I am still soooo looking forward to it.

Remember to hydrate, Las Vegas is very dry and this tends to do a number on us east coasters that are use to some humidity. 
I have started using a travel humidifier that I picked up at Target, it uses a standard 20oz water bottle and gets you through most of the night. For the 20.00 I spent on it, it works wonders.Mine looks like this one, but I got it in a gift box in the gadget section for half what it's selling for online. The past years I have left the show with no voice and it has taken me over a week sometimes to get it back, not this year. 

Also follow the age old advice, wear comfortable shoes. Just walking from the hotel to the show can wear you out. I have made the mistake once in wearing new boots and was crippled for two weeks, I could barely make it between flights coming home ( I know, I'm a pro at this right, but they felt so comfortable when they came out of the box, I didn't expect to be tortured like the Spanish Inquisition!)

You will want to download the SHOT app for your smart phone if you are so equipped. Even last year I got turned around on the main floor and was , not lost, but ,,,, misplaced for a few minutes, ya, that's it. If you don't have the app, make sure you have the map in your pocket, I say it every year and every year I leave the booth and get, misplaced for a time., not this year.

One other thing, bring a rain coat, it seems to only rain during SHOT, when it rains in LV, it rains. I found a great deal on a coat I have here, I paid a lot more than LA Police gear is selling it for and I still think it was a great deal.

That's it for now, if you have any questions, let me know. I believe that knowledge unshared is knowledge wasted. If there is a mistake to be made, I can almost guarantee you I have made it, so let me help you so you don't have to make them.

See you in 34
days, and counting.




Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Its greatest blog too Informative gud job! i have a topic related to motorcycle led lights......

    ReplyDelete